Website Usage Privacy
When you visit our website
When you are on our website (https://supportlocalshoplocal.com.au), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Our site may have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Support Local Shop Local is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
We Respect Your Privacy
“Support Local Shop Local” is the name of the Digital Plaza platform that is a partnership between KT IT Solutions Pty Ltd t/a Ashlin Technology Services and Wodonga Chamber of Commerce Inc t/a Business Wodonga.
“Personal Information” is the term used to refer to all the personal ‘buyer’ data as well as and the personal and business ‘seller’ data you might provide as part of the signup and normal usage of the Support Local Shop Local platform.
- Support Local Shop Local respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- If the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) applies to Spend With Us, we shall adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, address, email address, social media account details, identificatiaon number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
What personal information is collected
- Support Local Shop Local will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
How we use your personal information
- Support Local Shop Local may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- Support Local Shop Local, and third party providers of the goods and/or services promoted, advertised and/or offered for sale on our website, will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
a. facilitate the sellers/stores to be able to transact with customers and complete their transactions of goods.
b. provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
c. administer our business activities;
d. manage, research and develop our products and services;
e. provide you with information about our products and services;
f. communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
g. investigate any complaints.
- If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
Disclosure of your personal information
- Buyer/Customer data will be provided to Sellers/Stores to in order to facilitate the standard operating functionality of the Support Local Shop Local digital plaza, once provided with this information, the responsibility to protect customer data then becomes the responsibility of the business entity that is the Seller/Store you have interacted with and we can not control what Sellers/Stores do with the data you provide.
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- The hosting facilities for our website and it’s related services are hosted on premium business grade hosting servers situated in Australia (load balanced between their Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide sites) and follow all applicable Australian data security and privacy laws.
- and our Suppliers and Contractors are situated in a number of countries including USA, United Kingdom, Germany and Luxembourg. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to USA, United Kingdom, Germany and Luxembourg.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use ( or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Security of your personal information
- Support Local Shop Local is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act, and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at [email protected].
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to [email protected]. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
Additional Business 'Seller/Store' Data
- Businesses signing up to Support Local Shop Local are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the data they provide for use on the platform, Support Local Shop Local might audit directory and store listing data to ensure accuracy and privacy is maintained.
- Data from the additional business sign-up questions may be used by Support Local Shop Local, Business Wodonga, Ashlin Technology Services to facilitate setting up of business store pages, business directory listings and providing additional business support that businesses request during signup.
- Where applicable and appropriate, Support Local Shop Local may provide minimal amounts of business data including but not limited to contact details and information about the support needed to the various Business to Business (B2B) support partners that might offer assistance to businesses.
- All B2B Support Partners will be vetted by Support Local Shop Local & Business Wodonga first to ensure business data privacy and those partners will be responsible for maintaining the privacy of any of the data provided to them by Support Local Shop Local.
Policy Last Review Date: